St. Laurence’s G.A.A. [Gaelic Athletic Association] Club, Oldgrange, Narraghmore, Co. Kildare, R14 CX28 is based in the parish of Narraghmore, encompassing villages of Narraghmore, Kilmead, Booley, Calverstown, Kilgowan, Brewel, Ballymount, Crookstown, Ballitore and Mullaghmast.
St. Laurence’s G.A.A. Club was officially formed with the amalgamation of Narraghmore and Ballitore G.A.A. Clubs in 1957.
RIC [Royal Irish Constabulary] records from 1890 show five G.A.A. Club in the area.
Ballitore O'Moores had 25 members with officers listed as Pat Cullen, Pat Hendy and William Fennell.
Narraghmore Féach Phádraig had 50 members with Thomas Hickey, Thomas Waters and James Hayden listed as officers.
Brewel had 50 members with Andrew Fay, Henry Fay, John Cousin and Pat Keenan listed as officers. (Brewel Independents were listed as an unaffiliated club in 1896).
Inchaquire had 25 members, with P J Finn, Richard Archibald and William Hickey listed as officers.
Killelan membership not recorded, officers recorded as William Byrne, Edward Lawler and Michael Nolan
Ballitore O'Moores and Narraghmore Féach Phádraig G.A.A. Clubs joined forces in the late 1920s and under the name Narraghmore went on to be the first winners of the new Kildare GAA Junior B Football Championship in 1947.
Michael Lawler of Ballitore and Balitore-born James Byrne played on the Kildare county teams of the 1930's.
St. Laurence’s G.A.A. club grounds in Oldgrange, Narraghmore were purchased in 1975 and the clubhouse dressing rooms opened in 1992 and 1999 respectively.
In 2009 St. Laurence’s G.A.A. Club won their first ever Kildare G.A.A. Senior Division 1 Football Championship.
St. Laurence's have Senior Men’s + Ladies Football, Hurling, Camogie, Basketball, Badminton & Bowls teams at all ages to name but a few.
St. Laurence's also have a Community Complex with Bar, Sports Hall, a safe gated and fenced off Outdoor Playground and a dedicated 0.75kM Walking/Jogging/Running track around our playing pitches.